Saturday, June 15, 2013

Final Post

Awoke this morning (after only about 6 hours of sleep) to a warm, ok, hot morning.  The sun was already up, well past sunrise, and it was surrounded by some light clouds.  Welcome back to sunny Tempe, Arizona.  While still tired, once I am awake, I am awake.  So I decided to make some iced coffee and finish the posts on my blog.  Hmmm...  not enough ingredients to make coffee so I text David to please bring me a McDonalds iced coffee and an egg McMuffin on his way home from work.  Then I worked on my blog, started unpacking a bit, went through all the mail that accumulated over the last 3 weeks, etc.  Yep, that's reality. 

But, I could not end my blog without sending out a HUGE thank you to all of the people who have made my journey so memorable and special.  First of all, The Tempe Sister Cities Program and all the wonderful members who had faith in me and chose me to represent them on this trip - I hope I made you proud.  To all my family and friends who joined me every day, via this blog, on my adventure (and to people from all over the world who are also following my blog, HI!  and thank
you).  To the warm and welcoming people in the country of Macedonia, who I now call my friends.  To a new friend, who I had to come to Macedonia to get to know better, Sarah - I hope we continue our friendship back in Tempe.  To my constant companion, and newest addition to my best friends list, Niecy - I wouldn't have had NEAR as much fun without you there with me!   And, last, but CERTAINLY not least, my new family in Macedonia...  Tanja, Toni, and Marko.  You made me feel at home from the beginning, and I can't wait to see you all again.  There's a saying in Macedonia that  President Ivanov told us... "You come to Macedonia the first time by chance.  You come to Macedonia the second time because of the first time.  You come to Macedonia a third time because you love it".  I DEFINITELY love it and will be back.  So goodbye, and until next time... 
With Love From Macedonia,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment