Thursday, June 13, 2013

The LONG Journey Home

AustriaIt is almost midnight, and I will be getting up in 2 1/2 hours to leave for the airport at 3 a.m. for our 4:30 a.m.flight.  OK, WHO set up this flight...  they owe me big time...  anyway, you will not hear from me again until I reach Arizona at 9 p.m. on Friday night, but that is a looooooonnnnnnggg time from now.  
We fly first to Vienna, and then have a 4 1/2 hour layover before our long
 flight to Dulles. Once we reach the states we have another long 5 hour
layover there.  Then the final leg that takes us back to Phoenix, and home sweet home.  It is a total of over 26 hours of travel.
 Yep, we will definitely be dead on our feet by that point.  But, we will be happy to be home at last.  Bittersweet as Niecy said does not really match the feeling...  look for one
 last wrap up blog entry when I return home to the blistering heat (116 degrees vs. the gorgeous 75 degrees in Macedonia) in my beautiful state of Arizona.

 Ciao and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment