Monday, May 27, 2013

Off to School I Go

Zdravo! (hello!)  I bet you were wondering when I was going to start teaching you some Macedonian words! I am learning many and will share as they fit.  Anyway, after a late night celebrating at the wedding, Monday morning and school was a little bit of a rude awakening.  But, I got up as soon as my alarm went off and was ready to go in no time.  I was off to Tanja's school today, Vasil Antevski, or, as it is called, Dren.  We left a little after 7 a.m. and drove the short distance to school.  Yes, Tanja is a race car driver, too!  lol.  Her school was busy preparing for Exams, and the principal greeted me with a quick hello.  Off to Tanja's class...  she teaches Economics to high school students.  Most of her class ended up having to be taking the exams, which left only 10 students today. She chose one nice student to be the interpreter for me, and he kept me abreast of what was being taught that session.  The class lasted 45 minutes, and then when it was over, the students don't change classes, WE DO!  I remember Germany being the same way.  We had a short break where I was introduced to many teachers, and the then on to the next couple of classes, all of which were English classes - thank heaven!  The students were very interested, but a bit shy to ask many questions of me.  We were done by 11:30 or so, and walk around the center of Skopje then off to have some lunch.  Tanja took me to a small outside restaurant where I had a spinach pita of sorts.  It was light flaky pastry with spinach and cheese inside.  Very delicious.

We then walked me over to Niecy's host teacher's school, Rade Jovcevski, or, as it is called, Korchagin.  We had to wait for a bit for Niecy and Ana to arrive, and as we did, I was introduced to the principal from that school, and a couple of other teacher friends that Tanja knew who worked there.  Once Ana and Niecy arrived, we were introduced to many teachers from Ana's school as well.  Ana had a day filled with either returning exams, or giving them.  After we were introduced in one class, they thought for SURE that they wouldn't have to take the exam because WE were there...  sorry, no such luck!  After two classes, I was beginning to get extremely tired.  Late night, and already spent quite a few hours in school was catching up to me.  So, thankfully, I borrowed 20 denar and bought a strong, hot coffee drink. Thus the picture of the cup...  lol.

 Definitely did the trick to wake me up and allow me to enjoy the next couple of classes.
Tanja to the rescue at about 5:30 p.m.  As interesting as my day had been, I was glad to see her because I was exhausted! She took me home, fed me lunch, and I took a long power nap (1 hour vs. my usual 30 min!)  Up around 6:30, worked on my blog, then went on a walk with some of Tanja and Toni's friends.  Left at 8:30 and our short walk ended up including a stop for ice cream, and visiting friends.  Home at 11 pm.  I am wrapping this day up and hitting the sack!  Until tomorrow...  dobra nok^ (good night).

No comments:

Post a Comment