Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Talented Teacher

Today, I spent the day with Tanja at her school, Vasil Anteski (Dren).  Niecy and I were privileged to spend  a couple of class times with Tanja and her economics classes.  Let me say first of all, that Tanja would score VERY WELL within the Marzano evaluation system in Kyrene.  She is such a dynamic teacher, and has such a passion and love for her students and what she teaches.  One of her students today said she was his favorite, and she was a "magnificent" teacher.  I concur!  She keeps her students (high school, mind you!) so engaged in their learning.


Tanja handled her lesson about Auctions with great enthusiasm.  She even staged a "mock" auction for her students to participate in.  She brought in a podium, a gavel, and an art masterpiece that was to be bid upon.  She then called upon her students to be the auctioneer, and actually "sell" the item.  The kids got totally in to the event, and were bidding like pros.  It was great learning, AND fun for all involved.  I can see why all of her students love her.  She IS definitely one of the best.   Niecy and I were able to spend some good time with the principal today, and had some great dialogue and discussion.  (See picture above).

In addition to Tanja being an amazing teacher, she is also a dedicated and thoughtful friend.  I have been honored to meet so many of her colleagues and friends, all of whom revel in their accolades about Tanja...  as one friend put it, "Who DOESN'T love Tanja?"  I have been with her only a few days, but I absolutely agree with the statement.  Everyone who I come in contact with that knows Tanja is in the same boat... she is loved by all!  I am so lucky to be her partner exchange teacher!

1 comment:

  1. Jan, I love your blog! All the personal detail makes it seem like I am there with you. It definitely takes me back to my numerous trips to Europe on business. Lots of fun trying to keep track of all the names and spelling everything in "non-English". Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete